Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Dreamview (Dreamfall model viewer)

Hi.
    Can anybody share sharkedit.exe? Link in first post is dead...
    Tnx.
    Last edited by TanatOS; 06-25-2010 at 11:50 AM.

Okay, so after years without a decent Windows PC I finally have one again (albeit on a bootcamped Mac) and am looking forward to having all my DF tools again.

As it is, however, I can't get DF Toolbox or DreamView to work. DreamView is empty and DF Toolbox tries to populate but crashes at the last minute.

Perhaps most importantly I want to do that nifty little trick that extracts all the game's dialogue into a handy little .rtf.

Anyone still around who knows how to help?

i don't know what to do with the toolbox, but re dreamview i think you have to point it to the exact place on your hard drive where the game is installed - then it opens the files and all. i had to do that with my copy of dremfall anyway - the should be some option for that or smthng.
    "Ragnar?! You's got some s'plaining to doo!" (c) wandrew8

For DFtoolbox: File->Dreamfall path... . Select the main directory of the game (for example, "D:\Games\Dreamfall/")
    For Dreamview: Options... Set PakFile path to directory with pak files (for example, "D:\\Games\\Dreamfall\\bin\\res\")
    You have a terrible temper and are totally incapable of social or domestic life? Congratulations, you are a genius!
    April Ryan versus the Prophet: the battle begins!

Thanks for the double blackslash tip for DreamView! That was, indeed, the ticket.

Still no luck with DFToolBox. As I said, it starts to populate with the right paks, but crashes just before it's finished.

Do you have a localized version of the game (ie one with a language besides english)? Cause if so, try moving the bin/res/resource.pak file out of the res directory (or rename it) while using the DFToolBox.
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

Or maybe you have one of the custom patches installed (like April's cape) that is causing problems? Are you running it against a fresh install of DF, or your existing install?

Quote Originally Posted by KHH View Post
    Do you have a localized version of the game (ie one with a language besides english)? Cause if so, try moving the bin/res/resource.pak file out of the res directory (or rename it) while using the DFToolBox.
    Nope, but it is the LE. I didn't have this trouble last time I installed DFToolBox, however.

Quote Originally Posted by richie_b_97 View Post
    Or maybe you have one of the custom patches installed (like April's cape) that is causing problems? Are you running it against a fresh install of DF, or your existing install?
    Fresh install.

Quote Originally Posted by wandrew8 View Post
    Nope, but it is the LE. I didn't have this trouble last time I installed DFToolBox, however.
    I've got the original Limited Edition too, and it's got Norwegian on it
    However, I don't seem to be experiencing the problem you're describing, so I don't know what's wrong. Sorry.
    edit: Scratch that. I actually seem to be experiencing that problem as well, with the resource.pak file in the directory.
    Last edited by KHH; 09-08-2010 at 02:16 PM.
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

Still no luck with DFToolBox. As I said, it starts to populate with the right paks, but crashes just before it's finished.
    My DFToolbox was crashing too for some reason, but then stopped doing it (I don't remember why). Actually, it was like that: it was working ok, then it start crashing (after I reinstalled DF, if I remember), but somehow I fixed it.

Try to reinstall DFTooBox itself (delete whole old folder with it, then unpack it in a new folder).
    You have a terrible temper and are totally incapable of social or domestic life? Congratulations, you are a genius!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Kin View Post
    Try to reinstall DFTooBox itself (delete whole old folder with it, then unpack it in a new folder).
    Hmm... tried that, but to no avail.

Hmm... tried that, but to no avail.
    Try to delete folders "art", "bundles" and "data" from directory "bin/res" in Dreamfall main directory (these folders were made by DFToolBox). Then try again with clean DFToolBox.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Kin View Post
    Try to delete folders "art", "bundles" and "data" from directory "bin/res" in Dreamfall main directory (these folders were made by DFToolBox). Then try again with clean DFToolBox.
    No good either. I just realised something: when I try to nominate "res" as the directory it says "that isn't the Dreamfall dir", so I just point it to the DF one.

Maybe I should just try one of the older versions of DFToolBox?

EDIT: Hmm, no better. I think they may have been pre-GUI.

My main reason for wanting DFToolBox was to extract the dialogue .rtf: I had it before, but lost it. I tried dragging the group of vox files onto the extract utility, but it crashed at the last minute again.

I was able to do them one by one, so now I have a bunch of .mp3's.

Anyone know how to convert them into the .rtf, or has it themselves to share with me? I'd still like to be reminded how to extract it, though... Actually, wasn't there such a thread around here?
    Last edited by wandrew8; 09-11-2010 at 03:34 AM.

Hey I'm new here and well i have got a question about Dreamview

When i try to load any of the main characters or the Azadi they appear like this:
    http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/t...g?t=1288205203

They also don't export, what is actual kinda bad^^
    The NPC's work fine but well none of the main ones^^

Can anybody help me with this, or can anybody send me the main characters via PM? I only want to render them, that's all^^

*bump*

No sorry, it looks like Pinunozou isn't around any more. We've also lost a lot of our code masters. Maybe they'll return for DFC?

I just got another new computer and had the same problem. This time, however, I noticed that other than the "setup" utility there was also a "DreamView" installer utility. I ran that after install, and it asked me if I wanted to "Remove" or "Repair". I ran repair and it works now, without double backslashes!

EDIT: Okay, a couple of important corrections. The double backslashes get inserted automatically. Also, I was a bit premature about my success: although the viewing pane populated with the directories, if I try to load anything it crashes. Could be a Win7 issue?

EDIT 2: It works! I'm running it as XP compatible.

EDIT 3: Still having problems with DF Toolbox. There has to be a file or files for the subtitles somewhere that went into populating that transcript that went around in 2006 just after launch. Anyone know where such a subtitle file/folder might be, or have a copy of that old RTF transcript?

EDIT 4: Okay, I'm an idiot. I went into the second-last version and followed the prompts (in DOS-PROMPT, no less) for how to extract dialogue. Not crystal clear, but I got there! The only problem is, now I remember what a dog's breakfast that old RTF was!
    Last edited by wandrew8; 12-08-2012 at 11:39 PM.